What Is First Person? (with Examples


The term first person refers to the speaker himself or a group that includes the speaker (i.e., I, me, we, and us).


The personal pronouns (I, you, he, she, it, we, you, they) are grouped into one of three categories:

First person: I and we
Second person: you
Third person: He/She/It and They
Note: Second person refers to the speaker's audience (i.e., you). Third person refers to everybody else (e.g., he, him, she, her, it, they, them), including all other nouns (e.g., Craig, Germans, ant, mice).
Examples of First Person Pronouns in Different Cases
Here are the first person pronouns in the subjective case, the objective case, and the possessive case:

PersonSubjective CaseObjective CasePossessive Case
Possessive Adjective
Possessive Case
Absolute Possessive Pronouns
First Person SingularI

Example: I like cheese.
me

Example: He likes me.
my

Example: This is my car.
mine

This is mine.
First Person Pluralwe

Example: Wehate celery.
us

Example: They hate us.
our

Example: This is our house.
ours

Example: This is ours.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.