Write a letter to your pen-friend about the celebration of Pahela Baishakh

Write a letter to your pen-friend about the celebration of Pahela Baishakh.

 

Dhaka

15 April 2023

 

Dear David

I have received no letter from you for a few days. I hope you are fine. I am fine too. The Bengali New Year's Day was celebrated in Bangladesh yesterday. We call it Pahela Baishakh. I am telling you in brief how I enjoyed the day. 

Wearing the traditional dress, I went to Ramna Park in the morning. There I ate 'Panta Bhat' which means stale rice mixed with water. This is a tradition. Then I joined the rally. After the rally, I attended a cultural programme at Ramna Batamul where the opening of the programme began. Wearing a mask, I danced with other friends in the park. After ten o'clock I returned home and watched the live programmes on TV.

After lunch, I went to the fair which is called Baishakhi Mela. I bought some toys for my younger brother and a flute for me. In one stall I ate some sweets. Then I went to another shop where I was again entertained with sweets. The owner of the shop opened new accounts which we call 'halkhata'. In the afternoon I enjoyed a film show on TV. In the evening I went out to see the sights of illumination in the city. There was a flow of joy everywhere. This is how we traditionally celebrate the Pahela Baishakh in Bangladesh.

That's all for today. With best wishes.

 

Yours ever

Momen

No comments

Powered by Blogger.